I do believe that I have improved some but there is always more to learn.
I have yet to ship this guy. *sigh* Wish me luck!
Materials ~ stainless steal wire, wire mesh, foil, tape, super sculpey original, super sculpey firm, epoxy putty, liquid sculpey, glass beads, fishing line, wool, acrylic paint, pearl ex powder and spray on matte finish.
First Kricket sculpture...
More sculptures by me...
This is so gorgeous
It' looks just like the real thing... i'm in such awe. and you put a little fuzzums on the nose. You're magic at this.
that little girl (?) looks like she could scamper, or fly away.
I have found it very difficult to safely/successfully ship my larger sculptures in general. Pretty much anything long and thin is more likely to have troubles in shipping. A different pose of the tail would have been sturdier in this particular sculpture however this client decided she preferred the pose over the possible difficulties in shipping. So I re-enforced the armature as much as could. This sculpture's armature is much stronger all over by far then my first few attempts (Jasper and the frist Kricket).
Here you can look at my WIPs of him. ~> sta.sh/22cnyk84ju37
Very true, I am grateful nothing worse happened! I do consider it progress in the right direction. I am going to work next on making them a lighter weight over all because I think that will help lessen shifting during shipping.
Really I am still very deep in the learning process of this whole thing.
I did use lots of bubble wrap for my jasper sculpture and that did no work out very well. >.<
Wow that's really good.